Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chasing lizards

Yes, one of our daughter's latest favorite pasttimes is chasing lizards.  

Look closely, he's there (mid-frame), hiding in the shadows.

Although she's yet to catch one, she is improving on her technique...

Sneaky, sneaky.
"Com heew"

With these new stalker moves and her improving speed, it probably won't be long until she grabs one.  Not really sure that she will like what she gets.

In addition to lizards, Gracie has been fascinated with puddles (which form this time of year from intentionally watering plants, not rain).  The ground is hard and dry so it takes a while for the water to be absorbed.  The result: instant mud puddles that slowly resolve...a toddler's wonderland.
Gracie enjoys throwing sticks and rocks into these puddles.  When the water becomes too much (for Mommy, not Gracie) she resorts to loading her loot into trucks (or her legs, shoes, dress, etc.).



Little ones at play on the Carrigan's screened porch (nice on hot, sunny days).

And then the highlight of Gracie's day:



Running to meet Daddy!

She is growing up fast...

and spreading much joy in the process!

Hoping to catch a royal lizard,
DD&G
Proverbs 30:24-28

4 comments:

  1. too cute, thanks for taking the time to keep us up, let us know what happens when she catches one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dianna: I have not been particularly faithful to Facebook of late, so enjoyed finding the link to your blog before bed tonight. I'm visiting my mother at Litchfield; Tal spent the day with your grandmother and "the girls" during your grandfather's procedure today. Please know that we think of you often and are keeping all of you in our prayers that your adventure will be challenging, fruitful and deeply satisfying. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for writing Dianna! I love hearing about Gracie and your day to day life. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip. I did miss the lizard on first glance at the picture :) I miss your lovely family and neighbors, Dianna! May God bless your time there. Gracie's definitely much bigger and more mobile than I remember. Sunscreen!! :)

    ReplyDelete